An outline planning application for up to 450 new homes, public open space and an ecological park on land at Rothwells Farm, north of Lowton Road in Golborne has now been submitted to Wigan Council.
Our proposals would deliver new high quality homes in a range of styles and sizes to meet local needs. The plans will be sensitively designed, featuring new open space for the community to use and enjoy, as well as new children's play areas, an ecological park and beautifully landscaped village greens.
At the heart of Taylor Wimpey's approach to development proposals is a focus on consultation and engagement with the local community. In September we held a public consultation on the proposals to allow local residents and other stakeholders to view our proposals, speak with members of the development team and provide feedback on the plans. Undertaking an extensive public consultation on the proposals for Rothwells Farm has allowed us to listen to the views of local people in the development of the plans.
As a direct result of feedback from the local community, the final masterplan for Rothwells Farm has evolved from the first iteration shown at the public exhibition. The input of the local community has been invaluable and we would like to thank everyone who took the time to attend the public exhibition and contribute their views. We really appreciate all the comments and suggestions that we received, which have been reviewed and taken into account during the preparation of the final plans.
Thank you for helping to shape the plans for Rothwells Farm.
For details of the final masterplan and to find out more about how we've incorporated feedback from local people into the proposals, please click here.
What is being proposed for Rothwells Farm?
- Up to 450 high quality new homes, in a range of sizes and styles to meet local needs
- An area of bungalows alongside Rothwell Road, to minimise the impact of development on existing properties adjacent to the site
- A high quality and attractive residential development, carefully designed to complement the local area and provide housing that meets the aspirations of Golborne
- A development with a focus on sustainability, with excellent public transport links and enhanced footpath connections and cycle routes throughout the site
- Extensive landscaping throughout the scheme and the protection of existing natural features such as trees and hedgerows
- Beautifully landscaped village greens, which will act as focal points at the heart of the development
- An attractive ecological park and water feature around the existing pond, which will also serve to protect wildlife habitats on the site
- A green entrance to the site with open space and a new children's play area
- A woodland buffer along the north western edge of the site to screen the development